Light Rigid (LR) Vehicle Licensing
Driver Training NSW is an approved supplier of RMS Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment (HVCBA). Driver Training NSW is the trading name of S.E Toll & N.J Webster which is an approved registered training organisation, RTO number 45209. Please note that no Statement of Attainment is issued as a result of the RMS Heavy Vehicle Competency Based Assessment. The results of the assessment are reported directly to the RMS.
LR vehicles include:
• Small trucks with a gross vehicle mass (GVM) up to 8 tonnes. Any towed trailer must not weigh more than nine tonnes GVM
• Buses that seat more than 12 adults including the driver and a GVM up to 8 tonnes
To apply for an LR licence, you must:
1. Have held a class C licence, (except a learner licence) or equivalent for one year or more. Any time you've spent on a P1 licence counts, but you can't practice to drive an LR vehicle, or upgrade to an LR licence until you hold a P2 or full class C licence
2. Pass the LR knowledge test
3. Pass an eyesight test
4. Pass the knowledge test at RMS OR SERVICES NSW .
4. Obtain a learners log book and then...
5.RING US 0419 210258. We do all the training and your final assessment in house